Thursday, May 31, 2007

Feast Ebay: Opening Bid?

It appears that my feast choice is a hot commodity. In the interest of furthering the global economy and satisfying customer needs, I am opening up my feast choice to the highest (or best) bid. There has been high demand and pressure from the states of Florida and South Carolina for me to locate in Texas. Some interest has been shown for Mount Orford, Quebec and other points north. In order to be fair, I must limit the bidding wars to the following locales: primary locations - Myrtle Beach, SC; Mount Orford, Quebec; New Braunfels, TX; secondary locations - Winter Park, CO; Western Shore, Nova Scotia.

Since there is only one of me, and therefore scarce supply, I expect the bidding will be fast and furious and high. Place your bid now for this once in a lifetime opportunity; get in on the ground floor; those bidding by midnight tonight..... Well, you get the drift. Let the competition begin!

19 Comments:

Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Texas! and since I'm the first to bid, you should take it and immediately close to all others unless they say Texas too.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After the persuasive Texas presentation Summer and I conducted, I conclude there is no other choice. New Braunfels it is, bidding is now closed.

I ain't kiddin ya neither! Yeeeeehaw!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger seekingtruth7 said...

Forget Texas...all the hot babes will be on the shores of Myrtle Beach! Don't deprive them of your presence!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Sorry, that one won't work. In our past experience with the "babes" on Myrtle Beach, they tend to be beached whales or 50-year old smokers wearing bikinis with everything sagging who don't think they're brown enough or their skin looks like leather enough.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger BanjoBen said...

Well, I think New Braunfels is the only choice. Of course, since Kristin closed the bidding, I guess it's already decided anyway.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's right.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Well, we are coming down to crunch time, folks. It looks like we need to have a course in how this Feast EBay bidding thing works. How can a bidder close the bidding? And yeeeeeehaw? From Florida?

Not once did I see any wheedling or offer of benefit TO the biddee!

I guess my decision will come down to these visual images: Myrtle Beach - hot babes on the shores or is that beached whales in leather skin and bikinis? or New Braunfels - Yeeehaw, Kristin and Summer.

Hmmm... Decisions, decisions. Any other bids?

Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger seekingtruth7 said...

Hey...I offered "hot babes" what more could you want? Anyway, it's only June, what's your hurry?

Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could go to Quebec. The French brethen there are very welcoming and friendly and
the scenery is so lovely. Vermont and Montreal are nearby and North Hatley which sits on the beautiful Lake Massawippi is only five minutes away. Adieu!

Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Point taken, Tom. I had forgotten the cardinal rules of Feast EBay, one of which is: demand goes up closer to the date of the event. This is only June and the feast is months away. I had planned to repent of waiting until September, like last year, and I probably need to since others' fate depends on my decision. It is likely in my best interest to avoid the pulls of the flesh and the "hot babes." At feast time, you don't have much temptation in that way at Myrtle Beach, which is good.

Thanks, Sue, for upping the ante. Now those sound like some good reasons to go francais.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Summer, I must disagree - one can never be too brown.

Monday, June 04, 2007 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

If your original color was peach, yes you can. :)

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger seekingtruth7 said...

Children please...this is Manuel's Blog and the subject is a potential Feast Site. Corpus Christi is less than two hours away by Jet...ta, so you could take a drive and catch some beached whales...I mean hot babes there. We'll miss you at MB, but Texas seems to be in your future. I don't see much offered for going, but the ramifications for not going could be detrimental!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I hear they have this wonderful Dallas Cowboys store in one of the San Antonio malls. That, in itself, is reason enough to head to the Lone Star State.

Stay out of the sun though - your youngest doesn't like brown people.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger seekingtruth7 said...

Dallas Cowboys...Cheerleaders...Uh Manuel!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

What is your fascination with hot babes? It may be hard to understand, but they're not on every man's top priority list for choosing a Feast site. That seems like an awfully carnal reason. But that's just me.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger seekingtruth7 said...

Yes Ma'am :,(

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 5:39:00 AM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Michael: I guess she dislikes me then because I am not too peachy. My name and skin tone would probably enable me to "pass" in Texas.

Let there be peace on earth...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Well, Christian and I vote for Quebec - hands down. It will probably be cold, but no colder than Colorado, and it will allow you to leave the country for the first time in your life. We found Quebec City to be absolutely beautiful, and the people were very nice. It would also give you reason to brush up on your French and be able to speak the language.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home