The Deed is Done
The deed is done. The decision has been made. While I had hoped to receive a commendation from the church Festival Office for being the last person to decide where he or she was going for the Feast, I finally had to capitulate since my name has not yet been mentioned in the weekly update and time is growing short.
For weeks, I have been trying to decide where to go. The daughters really made it tough this year. I could go to Texas and be with one, to Colorado and be with the other, or go to Florida and be with myself (and, of course, my homies from Anderson). What to do?
This week the epiphany finally came. This year I will be heading west, not to the warm beaches of Florida which have become my second home each year at Feast time. (I think I can count on one hand the times that I have been to a non-beach site for the Feast.) This year I will load up the Jetta on the day after Atonement and head towards the setting sun. I’ll go through places I have been and have wanted to see again. Then I’ll cross the endless plains before finally getting to see the sights of majestic mountains that I have long wanted to see. In fact, some son-in-law is supposed to buy me a log home there as part of the bride price given in deep appreciation for the hand of one of my daughters.
Copper Mountain, Colorado looks to be the choice for this year’s Feast. I look forward to seeing all the bloggers who are going there. It will be wonderful to connect with others I have not seen in some time. Still, I will miss the beach and seeing our local church members.
And I ask, “Why not keep the Feast in Colorado?”
For weeks, I have been trying to decide where to go. The daughters really made it tough this year. I could go to Texas and be with one, to Colorado and be with the other, or go to Florida and be with myself (and, of course, my homies from Anderson). What to do?
This week the epiphany finally came. This year I will be heading west, not to the warm beaches of Florida which have become my second home each year at Feast time. (I think I can count on one hand the times that I have been to a non-beach site for the Feast.) This year I will load up the Jetta on the day after Atonement and head towards the setting sun. I’ll go through places I have been and have wanted to see again. Then I’ll cross the endless plains before finally getting to see the sights of majestic mountains that I have long wanted to see. In fact, some son-in-law is supposed to buy me a log home there as part of the bride price given in deep appreciation for the hand of one of my daughters.
Copper Mountain, Colorado looks to be the choice for this year’s Feast. I look forward to seeing all the bloggers who are going there. It will be wonderful to connect with others I have not seen in some time. Still, I will miss the beach and seeing our local church members.
And I ask, “Why not keep the Feast in Colorado?”

6 Comments:
I look forward to meeting you. It'll be a great time.
Wow! That sounds great! You say we'll leave after Atonement? Just kidding!
Also, take it easy.....two posts in one day, we can handle only so much at one time you know.
Noooooooooooo! First the Ridgeways go to France, and now this. Who's gonna take us out to eat now? (Looking sideways @ Tman & Rebel...)
Michael who?
YAY DADDY!!
Aaron and I have decided we're going to find you a woman this Feast :).
Nothing like taking on the impossible.
Post a Comment
<< Home