This past week marked the observance of the completion of my third time cycle. In honor of the occasion, I was presented some interesting gifts by my esteemed offspring. Esteemed daughter number two felt it fitting to bestow the Pimsleur Conversational Italian CD lessons. Capisci? Has she been given a vision of my need to “spicca” (parlare) l’italiano at some point in the future?
Compounding the irony, esteemed daughter number three presented me with a writing journal handcrafted of genuine leather… and “handmade in Florence, Italy using centuries old techniques.” Ahhh, the smell of fine Fiorentinan leather! But what about all those blank lined pages? Have I been deemed cognizant enough to still have not just one coherent thought left in my cranium, but pages upon pages of cogitations worthy of being recorded on fine parchment and bound in Italian leather? Do I need to record all my creative work in Italian?
Yet that is not all! I received an email today suggesting Tuscany as a fitting location to visit to share a martini. I like the idea of being in Tuscany, and I have never been one to turn down a gin martini. But, I wonder how I will get there. I think drugged and shipped is the surest method.
My hope is that your third time cycle observance will be filled with similar coincidences!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home